Saturday, August 8, 2009

Winding Down

Dear All,

I apologize for not posting a blog in a while but things have been crazy here. I finalized my daughter's adoption at the beginning of July and it has been a whirlwind since then to get all of the paper work completed.

The babies and I (and our friend Ashley, without whom we would be lost!) then traveled to Dar to the American Embassy to file all of the paperwork so that we can come home! On September 8th I will have been here for a full year - one whole year abroad - without my family - so the time has come to go home! And luckily, the process in Dar went well and we have passports and visas for Addie and Coleton! One month and they will be American citizens!

My replacement here at FAME Medical will be arriving in a few weeks, a lovely girl named Caroline. I will get her settled and then head HOME!

My year here in Karatu has been an amazing one - filled with highs and lows - but the time has come to return to my family and friends!

One more month of work - hopefully some additional blogs - but I just wanted to share the good news with everyone!

Lots of Love, Meredith

No comments: