Monday, December 8, 2008

trip to Dar

Again, it has been quite some time since I last blogged.

This time it is because I was out of town on business - Frank, Susan and I went to Dar es Salaam last week to visit laboratories there that we needed to see before finalizing the plans for the extensive lab Frank is building here at FAME.

We actually only spent Wed and Thurs in Dar but that means going to Arusha on Tues and returning to Karatu on Friday - a long trip for an "overnight."

What made the trip SO much longer is that Dar is NOT Karatu. I have come to love the rural setting of Karatu, the villagers, the quiet mornings, the cool mornings/evenings.

Dar is the OPPOSITE. Hot, crowded, huge, disorganized. This was only compounded by the fact that I got sick - Frank too. Some bug. But sweating non-stop and feeling like puking, not a good combo.

So, back in Karatu - very happy to be "home" - glad that Frank doesn't like the heat either and decided to build here, as opposed to somewhere like Dar - or else I couldn't have worked for him - the heat would have done me in!

More to come ...

No comments: