Monday, December 29, 2008

Belated Merry Christmas!

I spent Christmas up the mountain at the Rift Valley Children's Village. This was my first Christmas in Africa, as I usually get home in time to celebrate with my family.


But if I couldn't be with my family in Cleveland this year, RVCV was the next best option.


Christmas eve the kids all get new pajamas, read The Night Before Christmas, and go to bed in time for Santa to come.


The adults all get to have a lovely dinner together before becoming Santa for the dozens of children at the village - gifts in the stockings and under the trees!


We woke up on Christmas morning at 6am and every single gift had been opened by 6:05. It was the fastest Christmas morning in the history of Christmas mornings! But then we enjoyed the day - singing and dancing - playing with new toys - eating a family feast in the rec hall.


Here is a picture of India and all of the kids - wearing their brand new Christmas shirts and dresses - made locally with local fabrics!


I hope that everyone had a joyous holiday back home!
Happy New Year! (a little early in case we don't have internet between now and Thursday!)
Love, Meredith

No comments: