Monday, November 24, 2008

Been a while ...

It is pretty obvious that it has been a while since I last posted a blog.

So I wanted to share that a lot has happened over the past three weeks.

I am currently in custody of two babies. Much like being a foster parent in the US. Both babies have single birth moms who can’t currently care for them. Both birth moms would like for me to adopt them. I hope so too.

One is a little boy of 4 months, the other a little girl of 6 months.

But an “official” adoption is a long way off. Adoption in Tanzania is long and difficult. And there are NEVER any guarantees of the out-come.

So, that is why it has been so long since I last wrote a blog. I have been a bit busy changing diapers, making bottles, dealing with the reality of basically having twins.

I am not prepared to give details, show pictures, etc, until things are more of a “sure thing.” As soon as I have more news to share, I will! I am simply trying to get to them both and enjoy each day with them.

Please keep all three of us in your thoughts and prayers in the coming months!

Missing everyone back home!

With love …

No comments: