Tuesday, November 4, 2008

Been a while

I apologize for the delay since my last blog. We have had house guests and tons of sick patients. It hasn't let up for days.

And as the safari season begins to get busier and busier, we have more and more Europeans and Americans with digestion shida (trouble).

The other day we had a group of 12 Parisian tourists - ALL SICK!!! Our beds were full and the extras overflowed onto the verandas.

In addition, we are waiting here with baited breath for the election. The village in Kenya, where Barack Obama's father's family is from, is waiting too. They have lined up dozens of bulls, cows, goats and chicken - ready to slaughter them all and celebrate his victory. No cows for me, but I am ready too!

The weather has also changed - the hot hot hot sun has arrived and there is no escape!

Oh, and for those without Facebook - I PASSED THE BAR EXAM!!!!! My best friend from law school looked it up online and emailed me on Friday - it was a wonderful Saturday morning surprise!

It has been a good week! Missing everyone! Hoping all is well back home!

1 comment:

RevLisa said...

Dear Meredith

Congratulations on passing the bar! I wish I could say I was surprised, but I've noticed that you seem to regularly accomplish those things to which you set your mind...

Virtual hug and high five on the results of the presidential election... i can still see your Obama sticker on your laptop cover at the MDG education series -- you were one of the early believers.

much love to you, and here's hoping the tourists will give you a break :)

Lisa+